Saturday, January 10, 2009

The New Year

Britt asked me what we were going to do for New Year's Eve. Last year he went downtown because he was finally 21. The year before he was in Atlanta for the Chick-fil-A bowl. What were we going to do that was just exciting? We ended up sitting on the couch, watching the ball drop, having a New Year's kiss and then going to bed. The joys of married life and parenthood!



On New Year's day, we were invited to go to the Bailey's house to watch the Orange Bowl (VA Tech vs Cincinnati). As most of you know, I am a huge UVA fan and cannot stand VA Tech. I thought I had converted Britt until he showed up with an outfit for Austin to wear to the party. Under HUGE protest, Austin was allowed to wear the outfit. He did not like it to much though (note the disgust on his face and the crying)


On January 3rd, Britt and I attended his annual Troutville Fire Department and Rescue Squad Banquet. This was the first night that we left Austin overnight. I cried from the moment we dropped him off until about 30 miles down the road. Britt didn't understand what was wrong with me. I guess it's just a mother thing. The banquet was at Natural Bridge Hotel. The food was marvelous, as was the guest speaker. After all the formalities were done, it was a night of music, dancing and karaoke. I guess I was the only one taking pictures because they are all pictures of Britt and none of me.

Needless to say, we had a great night and a well needed "rest" from everyday life. We picked up Austin the next day and everything was fine. Thank You mom!!

No comments: